A business casual dress code allows our students and employees to work and learn comfortably.
· Sheer or lace clothing need a sleeved shirt underneath
· Long enough to tuck in
· No tank tops, sleeveless, halter tops, pajamas, hoodies and midriff tops
· Modest dresses
- Jumpers with modest length with sleeves can be worn as a dress
- Coats/jackets may not be worn in class
· No frays or holes
· Underclothing may not be visible
· Dresses and skirts are modest length – 2 inches above knee
· Shorts or leggings are recommended under skirts or dresses
· Skirts and jump suits
· No athletic bottoms: basketball shorts, running shorts, bike shorts, yoga or parachute pants; no exercise pants with logos, stripes, sheer, etc.
· No sweats, warm-ups, pajamas or leather material will be worn
Jr. High students will wear a lanyard with their scan card attached at all times. 3rd-6th elementary students will have a lanyard with a scan card and follow the teachers’ directions in wearing it. K-2nd will have a scan card, but kept by the teacher in a book to be shared with library and lunch. JUST a thought: put cards in book like library and teacher can scan quickly and aide takes it to lunchroom.
All accessories should complement the outfit without distracting from the educational process. Scarves can be worn. No hats, hoods, bandanas, headbands with ears/unicorns, etc., or sunglasses will be allowed. Distracting hairstyles and hair colors are not permitted. No shoes with wheels, slippers, open-toed (elementary only), or high heels will be permitted. Body piercing is limited to one pair of earrings only. Coats/jackets may not be worn in class. No torn, frayed or cut-off clothing is allowed. No gang related items, colors, etc. are allowed.
Junior High Physical Education Classes:
Black athletic shorts or pants. Plain grey t-shirt with or without school logo and with sleeves. Appropriate sports bras, leotards, and other undergarments may be worn as underclothing, but underclothing may not be visible. Tennis or athletic shoes required.
Casual Friday & School Spirit Days:
· Spirit Days: Home Game days will be Spirit Days or when authorized by administration. Students should wear a HighMark t-shirt, collared shirt, or hoodie.
· Casual Fridays: Each Friday is a free dress day. All grooming, modesty and other standards will still apply. Tank tops, sleeveless tops, halter tops, hoodies, midriff tops, sweats, warm-ups, pajamas, athletic shorts, etc. are not allowed.
Dress for Success Days:
An important role at HighMark is teaching students how to dress professionally. An interview would be a perfect example of when you should dress professionally. Students are required to Dress for Success on the 4th Monday of each month. Additional guidelines for Dress for Success Days will be provided.
Drop-off / Pick-Up
Students should be dropped off no earlier than 8:05 am. Students should be picked up no later than 3:20pm MON-THU and 1:50 pm on FRI.
Pick up time: 3:05-3:20 pm
Pick up time: 1:35-1:50 pm
Exceptions allowed for appointments made with teachers, administration, or staff
Success at HighMark starts with a proper schedule.
We offer a different vendor Monday-Friday for your students to order lunch from. Please be aware that this will be the entrée only. Please send any drinks, additional sides, and utensils needed with your students each day, HighMark will not be providing these items.
All lunches Monday-Friday must be ordered and paid for online by visiting this PAY SCHOOL LUNCH LINK. Lunches must be ordered by 12:00 pm the monday prior to the week/day you plan on eating school lunch.
Teriyaki Chicken & Veggie with White Rice – $3.50
Orange Chicken with White Rice – $3.50
Chicken Sandwich – $4.00
8 Piece Nuggets – $4.00
Pizza Slice (Pepperoni Only) - $1.25 ea
Cheese Quesadilla with Rice – $4.50
Cheese Quesadillas with No Sides – $4.50
Sweet Pork Taco with Rice – $4.50
Chicken Enchilada with Rice – $4.50
Small Sweet Pork Salad – $5.00
3" Ham & Cheese Sandwich - $2.00
3" Turkey & Cheese Sandwich - $2.00
6" Ham & Cheese Sandwich - $4.00
6" Turkey & Cheese Sandwich - $4.00